Wednesday, October 30, 2013

[Review] Fifteen Minutes ~ Karen Kingsbury

Fifteen Minutes:

Zack Dylan has a dream. He wants to sing on the biggest stages, for the biggest crowds, and he’ll do whatever it takes to make it come true. But Zack also made a promise to his college sweetheart when he left Kentucky to compete on the popular TV show Fifteen Minutes: If he made it, nothing would change him or his faith in God.

Overnight, Zack becomes the nation’s most popular contestant, a country singer comparable to a young Tim McGraw. As his star rises, Zack is often asked to compromise and quiet his beliefs. Just as he’s on the verge of winning it all, his choices lead him to the brink of personal disaster. Meanwhile, a former Fifteen Minutes winner is searching for meaning amidst her own private losses. Can she warn Zack about the real price of fame? Or will Zack lose everything he loves for his fifteen minutes of glory?

From the novelist dubbed the “Queen of Christian Fiction” by Timemagazine, Fifteen Minutes explores the cost of fame and celebrity set against the backdrop of America’s favorite singing competition.

Review:
Got a copy of this book from Net Galley.

This was a really refreshing read. I haven't read a Christian book this interesting since... well a VERY LONG time.

Sometime, I feel like Zack is incredibly stupid. He would talk to Zoey alone, which if you read or watch is NEVER a good decision. He also joined the competition in the first place, even when no one wanted him to do that. But if I was him, like if I was that good-looking and if I could sing that well, which I totally can't, I would probably do the same thing as him. What I admire about him is his intimate relationship with God. For me, it's really hard to find someone that close with God these days.

Another person I really liked in this book is Chandra. Even if her time in the Fifteen Minutes stage was horrible, she came back. Not for herself, but so that she could help others escape from the prison walls, a.k.a. FAME. She was a reall selfless person and I really liked that about her.

Overall, this book is pretty good. It shows another side of fame that most people don't know or like to deny.

Rating:
  4 mjolnirs! I just recently watched Thor so...


Just multiply that pic by 4.:D




Buy it now:


No comments:

Post a Comment